The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Monday January 7, 2002 at 15:46
Hammy211
Founding Member
November 2001
If I ever finish mine, I will have a cool setup for the 501 minus the cool bitmaps. The NEO is should probably be left with plain bitmaps anyway. The NEO had no problem learning codes from the 501 remote. My Toshiba was a bit more difficult but I still got them. I have a different Toshiba set than yours. My technic for the Toshiba was setting them on a table top 1 1/2 inch apart, in a shadow. Hit the button I wanted to learn, and then one quick punch of the OEM remote button. FYI, when I got this thing and saw that you could download files I didn't think I'd have to do much work. Unless someone has your exact componants and goals in mind you will have to customize a lot. Other peoples files are most useful for ideas I've found. If you want to look at some pronto configurations(don't get your hopes up about the cool bitmaps) download ProntoEdit to view these. ProntoEdit is much quicker to download than NEOedit if you're worried about that. As a starting point in NEOedit I would suggest first creating extra pages and putting in the buttons for all your OEM remotes. Don't worry about how it looks as they will just be used to link to. Then download to the NEO, learn the codes, and upload back to the computer. This can only be done with 1.3. You can find more details on this method all over this site. Basically it lets you mess with your interface without having to relearn codes. Having all your codes on the computer is also good if you take someone else NCF. Good luck.

Hosting Services by ipHouse