The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday January 14, 2002 at 13:13
Speck
Founding Member
January 2002
Has anyone else had any experience with the new Marantz RC3200A? I just bought the Marantz SR-8200 receiver that came prepackaged with this remote and after experiencing the problems with it learning half the buttons on my old remotes I discovered that it's suffering the same problems as the Pronto Neo.

My luck is probably about 40% that can be learned, 40% that can't and about 20% that it learns after a brief struggle. I called Marantz tech support and they said they don't have a clue- the product is too new. I can't find any editing software on the Marantz page for this remote, so any kind of upload/download option isn't even available to me.

The worst part is that the buttons that can't program are things like "Stop", "Menu", "Scan forward" and "Scan backward" for my Panasonic DVD player, and pretty much all the channel buttons in addition to others on my JVC TV. I can't return just the remote as it came with the receiver.

Any ideas before I return the whole receiver to my local audio store? I don't want to as the receiver is pretty awesome, it just seems to come with a sucky remote...

Thanks for any help!

Hosting Services by ipHouse