The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday January 30, 2002 at 13:42
ChocoboLee
Founding Member
January 2002
Since the Marantz RC3200 remote is very similar to the ProntoNEO remote, I'm guessing that the software will be similar also. I have had the ProntoNEO for a month so I might be able to answer your questions.

I think Philips released the NEO & RC3200 to compete with in a different category than their higher end products so they purposely made the NEO & RC3200 not at feature complete as their other products so as to not compete head on with them.

This means using the editing software you cannot:
1) Design your own startup page. You must use their auto-generated device overview page. Since the device overview page links to all the devices, you cannot hide any pages
2) There's no way to input IR codes as HEX strings.

I have actually spent some time writing a program called the NEOHacker that can let you edit the NCF file and choose a page to become that startup page. NEOHacker will also let you enter your own IR HEX codes. Right now, I'm making it work with RC3200 NCF files also. So hang tight, it should be RC3200 compatible very soon. In the mean time, go check out the Yahoo pronot_neo Group: [Link: groups.yahoo.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse