The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday September 21, 1999 at 16:59
DanKurts
Historic Forum Post
Scot:
No new Mits decoders on the horizon for this year, maybe next spring. The ones out now are the same design as last fall, although they probably have some updates, internally. They don't seem to be any more sensitive or stable than earlier models. Direct TV supposedly worked out a deal with the major TV manufacturers, and will have a seperate decoder box that will output the HDTV signal. No word on what that really means, like RGB component or agreed upon cabeling pinouts or whatever. Could mean you don't need the box. Again, most everyone seems to be looking at the spring for anything new. I wouldn't spend the money for a decoder, there isn't much to watch.
I would get a good deal on a demo or 2nd hand line doubler or better and hook it up to a good dvd player. That makes an awesome picture on HDTV sets and dvd's are cheap and here now. If you have a library with a good magazine stock, check out Home Theater Mar or Apr 98 road test on line doublers and big screens. I set up a Pioneer HD700 with a Phillips DVX8000. Knock your socks off. Also, if you can find the right guy, get a certified big screen setup of your Mits. Had it done on a new set, the 80", and it made a big difference in picture quality. Not cheap, but worth it if you want to get the last little bit out of the set.
In any case, your set has great potential if fed the right signal.

Hosting Services by ipHouse