Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday October 12, 1999 at 14:58
Alex Stevens
Historic Forum Post
Disclaimer: I am a Producer for Discovery Channel, which has an interest in TiVo.

I've had my TiVo (the 14 hour model) for about a month and I must say I love it. I have both DSS and cable hooked up to it and it makes the channel transitions seamless between the two, as well as marrying the program guide.

I typically record everything in either Best Quality (4.5 hour capacity) or High Quality (7 hour capacity) and find the picture more than acceptable, certainly comparable to VHS quality.

To me, the greatest feature is Personalized TV. I don't have to know when or what channel a show is on, program the VCR or have a tape. I simply punch in the name of the program and tell the TiVo to grab it whenever it comes on. I then come back, and there it is. When the fall lineups came out I simply put in the shows I wanted, no hunting around.

Also, as a huge sports fan, the ability to pause, rewind and review live TV, even in slo-mo, is amazing.

The only downside to me is that as part of its full-time buffering TiVo compresses the picture before it's displayed, therefore degrading the image very slightly. This is not particularly bothersome, but it does happen.

Hosting Services by ipHouse