Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday December 7, 1999 at 07:59
billy c
Historic Forum Post
hi guys......am a mid to hi end hme thtre and residential & comm satellite dealer near boston..
...been doing a/v for over 20 yrs+.....here'e the scoop on DSS systems...rca 5451 very good.....sony
sat-a4, a smidgen better, but i cant see the difference, so maybe it aint better: havent seen any a50's yet cause they aint shipping any cept to the mass marketers, ....and lastly the Hughes;
the old product line was also very good, but lacked all the options and goodies that the hi-end rca's and sony's have......but the new Platnum line, the E series, and the E-45 specifically, is probably THE BEST OUT THERE:
problem is , they again arent shipping them...
....still shipping the old D series receivers....
....but should be available at or just after xmas
.........out of all the higher end product out there, HUGHES consistantly has product available on a week in week out basis.......pertaining
to the audio and video....they ALL broadcast digital audio and video, but i find a very insig-
nificant difference in the video , favoring the sony sat-a4....although they all are supposed to be the same.......the conjecture now is that the
hughes #hird E-45, is supposed to be the very best....even better than the sony sat-a4, and a50
...........Hmmmmmm we shall see as time progresses....as far as the audio, i hear no difference in stereo mode , or in dolby ac-3 between any of them.....ohhhhhhhhh well, anyone need any product????????....merry xmas , all....
ooops, also....hughes had, and still has a digital VHS unit, D-vhs, avilable to the public..
...which functions transparently with their satellite receivers......probably as good as if not better than s-vhs which has been around for years.....meaning that u can tape/duplicate directly from your satellite rcvr a digital input signal onto tape.....hmmmmmm, i wonder how that picture looks and works..hmmmmmmmmmmmm ......oh, well , if anyone has any input, please lemme know
billy c
northeast satcomm
performance audio/ video
everett ma 02149
617 394-0281

Hosting Services by ipHouse