Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday January 6, 2000 at 10:19
Roger Linkenhoker
Historic Forum Post
Billy, I can't really get into any intelligent debates about the technical aspects of DISH vs DTV. All that I know is that my DISH picture look as good as, if not better than my DTV ever did. Dish can offer me one-dish local channels in Denver, not NYC or Boston, today. Dish offers better packages for the money, even though things have probably gotten better on that front since USSB went away, and DTV users no longer have to worry about two invoices a month. As far as the PPV is concerned, even though DTV has 100 channels reserved, most of them are dedicated to multiple start times for the same movies, or for what I consider "Grade B" movies that I would never pay to watch in a million years. True, I would like to see DISH increase their PPV channels a little, and I believe that with DISH 500 you get that, I really am not that hung up on it, since I have a hard time justifying spending 3 bucks to watch a movie that will be on the premiums next month. Besides, with my new DVD player, I'd just as soon have Netflix send it to me and watch it on DVD.

As a disclaimer, I must admit that I am still a little PO's at DTV/RCA because I went out and bought a first generation system for about $1500, got it home and found that it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Within a year and a half DISH came out with some great hardware/programming deals and the price of the RCA systems went from over $1000 to under $200 overnight. I understand that's the American way, but I'll always admire DISH more for being the one to bring realistic pricing to the market.

Hosting Services by ipHouse