Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday January 10, 2000 at 19:30
Scott Lavolette
Historic Forum Post
I just purchased the HTS3500, and I believe that it works the same as the HTS5000. You DO want to leave the unit on all the time, with everything plugged into it. Several devices need power to retain programming, such as your TV, VCR, Preamp, etc. The Monster has a feature which will solve your problem of turning on the amp after a delay (I use it for my amp.) The Monster comes with a power cord that plugs into a switched outlet on your Preamp/Receiver. The other end plugs into the Monster. When you turn on the Preamp/Receiver, power flows through the switched outlet to the Monster, which uses this as a signal to turn on the switched outlets. Plug your amp into a switched outlet and your problem is solved. (Be sure to switch on the toggle onthe back for "remote" or the unit won't respond correctly.) My unit has two regular switched outlets and two switched-delayed outlets. The HTS5000 allows you to configure how many of each you use. I've been using the Monster for a few weeks and have been quite impressed.

Hosting Services by ipHouse