Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Saturday February 19, 2000 at 09:02
Mark Archer
Historic Forum Post
Kevin, I've been installing DSS for 4 years and Dish for 3 years and heres what I know:

DSS has more pay per view. I think Dish has 20 channels or so but DSS I beleive still has more.

DSS has NFL ticket NHL Ice and all those packages that give you all of the games. You pay a sizeable yearly fee for them.

DSS costs more. Equipment costs more. Programming costs more unless you end up with most or all of the channels.

Both will provide local channels to many areas but you need to check if they are available in your area if you dont know. Dish may require a slightly larger eliptical dish to do this but it's no big deal.

Dish has a receiver with a local channel tuner built in if you need it. It can be upgraded to HDTV
DSS has a receiver with 2 local channel tuners but it is also an HDTV receiver and costs big bucks. It is a better permanent solution to HDTV than the Dish unit upgraded however.
Most of the channels are the same with the exception of a few. If you need specific channels call Call
1-800-333-DISH or 1-800-DIRECTV to find out exacts.

Once you have decided one way or the other Your situation would dictate what equipment to look at. Do you want to hook to a VCR. How many rooms need to see the satellite tv. How many of them need different channels at the same time. etc...

Hosting Services by ipHouse