The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday February 25, 2005 at 02:54
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
That is a good recommendation as it is on the small side. I have not used one, but keep reading here that it works.

I always get an outdoor type antenna, one that someone recently described as an aluminum jungle gym, and mount it in the attic or on the roof.

For more recommendations, please let us know where you live, how far you are from the transmitters, if they are all in one direction...stuff that will help us judge. So far, it seems you are pretty close to the transmitters as the Terk 55 works AT ALL and you can get HD with an indoor antenna, again AT ALL.

The Terk works in high signal areas, but it is another product of Terk's that is just too beautiful for words, and, oh, yes, it is also supposed to be an antenna.

I am forty miles from the single transmitting site in the Los Angeles area that I care about, and I use a $25 Radio Shack antenna on the roof, with no amp, split to four TVs. That sucker actually pulls in enough signal to do that!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse