The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday December 3, 2005 at 19:41
vwalien
Lurking Member
December 2005
I have been searching for a potential solution for a while now, and I see there is a lot of knowledge in these forums, I am hoping someone can help me, or point me in the right direction.

I have an ExpressVu 3100 set top, and a Daytek P30 DVR. The 3100 can be setup to auto-tune channels and send out an IR signal to the remote which then controls the VCR.

The problem is the 3100 doesn't have a code for the DVR, and I tried alternate possible codes, but none seem to work.

I am hoping for a more universal solution.

Has anyone seen a remote, or IR-IR converter that can be learn the 3100 IR signals, and learn the DVR IR signals, and when the 3100 sends the control commands, this remote/converter will then send the DVR IR signals out?

I have seen there are certain IR blasters that can be attached on or near the IR ports on the equipment.. having them fixed would make it more stable, where having a remote would always have to be pointed at the equipment. If the remote fell in the couch, or the dog took it, then it wouldn't operate.

I have searched all over the web for IR-IR converters, transformers, send/recieve, programmable.. but no luck.

Hosting Services by ipHouse