Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Saturday December 10, 2005 at 22:28
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
roddy-
Did I mention a font? You didn't mention what you are talking about...which font?

Oh, yeah, that's right -- I have also been telling people to get cable here and there, especially when they can't get HD OTA. We have a lot of canyons in Hollywood and Beverly Hills, and most of them run at right angles to the OTA signals, so cable is the only source of HD. DirecTV's HD channels are a joke. They might add a lot of HD channels, but if I won't touch their receivers, my customers won't care how many HD channels they have!

As for TiVo, the TiVos now are the HD receivers of choice, and I have one client whose Guide page takes about five seconds to load...a DirecTV operator who thinks she is giving me good news says that the spec for a page of the Guide to load is four seconds. Do you know how many times I can say bull$hit in four seconds, especially if I get to practice every time I try to pull up a guide screen? I can get pretty good at it!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse