The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday August 3, 2008 at 11:27
ia2nc
Lurking Member
August 2008
I purchased the Toshiba D-R410KU for the main purpose of recording some tv shows. I'm connecting it to Time Warner cable's Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD box with DVR and Olevia HD television 237V.
Connection path is RF coax cable from wall input to cable set top box, RF coax cable out to television. RGB cable out from set top box, RGB cable in to DVD recorder.
HDMI cable out from DVD recorder, HDMI cable in to television.
All units are turned on. Television works when Tuner source is selected (bypasses DVD recorder). When I change source to HDMI I should be able to see TV but all I get is blue screen and buzzing audio, If I turn the recorder off and on while viewing HDMI source, Toshiba welcome screen is displayed. DVD unit setup menu can be accessed and changes entered, so the source HDMI is correct. Other sources return "No Signal" when selected. I thought maybe it was the HDMI connection, so I tried red-white-yellow cables between DVD recorder and television, but got the same result only from Component source.
If a pre-recorded DVD is loaded, the DVD movie plays fine. I have no idea if recording will work until I can get television to show from recorder source.
Help!

Hosting Services by ipHouse