The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1,584 made on Tuesday April 15, 2008 at 23:04
DaMeatMan
Long Time Member
April 2008
Just thought i would post one of my latest projects. This is a poor man's version of the CM-4221 antenna that cost me virtually nothing to make. Actually the only thing i had to purchase in this case was the 300 Ohm to 75 Ohm Balun and that cost me a total of $3.00, the rest was made from a spare piece of wooden post, coat hangers for elements, and some extra metal ducting that i had in the basement for use as the reflector.

The plans for this design are based on a post by Sqeakypants and can be found here:
http://uhfhdtvantenna.blogspot.com/

If you've followed some of my previous posts you'll notice that i was pulling in 21 Digital channels from the 32nd floor of my apartment on Bloor and Islington. I've built and tested this antenna on the 3rd floor of my parents house on Bloor and Dufferin and i'm getting all the same 21 digital channels that i get at the apartment but with slightly greater power plus 2 extra ones from Hamilton which i could never get with my current Terk setup in the apartment. Next step is to take this thing over to the apartment and see what kind of results i get. All in all, this antenna has already surpassed my expectations by giving me greater results from a much lower elevation then my high-rise apartment.

Enjoy :-)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost Quickpost this image to Myspace, Digg, Facebook, and others!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost Quickpost this image to Myspace, Digg, Facebook, and others!

Last edited by DaMeatMan on April 17, 2008 01:02.

Hosting Services by ipHouse