The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1,535 made on Thursday April 3, 2008 at 12:17
DaMeatMan
Long Time Member
April 2008
Hi All.. I'm new to the forum and have found this to be an extremely valuable wealth of info, so thanks to all!

Just wanted to mention that i recently obtained a Hisense 2020 USDTV receiver from Ebay with a Terk HDTVi indoor antenna, i reflashed the receiver to the latest OTA firmware version 2.9.3 and i am now receiving 21 HDTV channels rock solid!

I'm located on the 32nd floor of a high rise on Bloor & Islington in Toronto with a clear view of the lake. I was previously using just a piece of Coax split into a make shift dipole antenna and was actually picking up about 15 or so channels reliably with just that setup. After receiving the Terk however all signals are all locked at about 90% or greater with the exception of one channel, MyTV i believe which is at about 70%.

I'll post my channel listing later tonight when i get a chance for anyone who is interested, however i am getting pretty much all Buffallo HD channels as well as all local Toronto HD channels with the exception of CTV ch.40 (9.1). It seems that CTV has issues with the PSIP in their broadcast from what i've read here on the forums and the Hisense is just not able to re-map to 9.1 when u scan ch 40. Infact if you do an auto scan it will hang when it get's to 40 since the signal is strong and it does not have enough smarts to figure it can't re-map and just continue scanning. The work around is to unplug the antenna b4 reaching ch 40 or just manually scan channels via the "Adjust Antenna" menu option. I really wish there was a way to add a direct entry to 9.1 on this reciever as they have pretty decent HD programming that i'm missing on CTV.

Anyone know if it's possible to export a pre-saved channel listing on this receiver or hack it to manually add 9.1 via a USB update? I'm pretty handy with Linux which is what this box is running on, so if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. Other then the CTV issue i love this receiver!

Hosting Services by ipHouse