The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1,533 made on Thursday April 3, 2008 at 08:05
ontariocraig
Long Time Member
September 2004
On April 2, 2008 at 23:11, alebowgm said...
I am going to fire off a message in response to find out
about EPG info being provided, PSIP remapping and the
contour of the station. Anyone have anything else I should
ask?

Yes, Please ask them to fix the PSIP as soon as possible.

My Sanyo Vizon TV doesnt handle duplicate psip very well. (and by not very well, I mean not at all)

I did a rescan yesterday due to WNED remapping, and lo and behold CIII is on the air. my initial happiness at that quickly faded however - Unfortunately it wipes out WGRZ on my TV. The TV just takes the last channel scanned and maps it. so the TV picks up ch65 toward the end of its scan and maps to 2.1, *overwriting* the ch33 it scanned ealier. I cannot even enter the ch33 manually, the TV is totally dependent on psip. - lousy design I know, but still, I really want global to fix this.

My "workaround" crude as it is - was to do a scan and when it gets to City I pull the antenna. Course this means I lose CKXT. the scan is too fast for me to skip CIII and plug antenna back in as CIII and CKXT are on adjacent channels.

If anyone has any else has the Sanyo LCD TV (32647 I think) or any suggestions please let me know. I should probably contact sanyo, see if there's a firmware update or something, but I dont relish spending hours on the phone.

My old Samsung T151 and my Panasonic atsc equiped DVD recorder both handle it fine - in fact it comes in as 65-2 on the panasonic.

I wrote a quick note to globals viewerreply address, but I dont know if it'll reach the right people or not.

Hosting Services by ipHouse