The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1,527 made on Wednesday April 2, 2008 at 15:55
CXGY
Long Time Member
April 2008
On April 2, 2008 at 15:29, OTAHD said...
Wow! I can't believe the link in your signature! Did
you receive all those channels yourself? Obviously some
are from quite a long time ago...but getting Cuban TV
signals in Niagara Falls...wow!

Yes, those are video captures from my own VCR tapes over the years (and a few old photos). I don't want to get too far off topic, but the main reception modes are described well in Wikipedia at [Link: en.wikipedia.org] . I also do forecasts for tropo DX at [Link: dxinfocentre.com] . The Cuban and other ch 2-6 E-skip is unpredictable. The Venezuelan catch is "F2 skip" associated with the last solar cycle. In 1981 I also received TV audio from the UK & France via F2, back when they still had black & white transmitters just below our ch 2. Those are my TV highlights.

Despite this, I have problems getting WUTV 14 reliably here because of the trees. Mind you, my antenna is probably *too* directional (I have Delhi's power zoom attachment on). I like to leave my antenna aimed at WGRZ/WIVB/WKBW since they are the most distant. But then WUTV has dropouts despite only being out by 13 degrees. WUTV is rock solid if I point right at Grand Island, but then WGRZ sometimes has issues. It would be nice if WUTV was as strong as WNED/WNLO/WNYO as they are all still rock solid when aimed at WGRZ/WIVB/WKBW. Also, the wind blows my antenna off target sometimes. I might just end up putting up a fixed bowtie just for TV viewing and leave the big antenna for DXing.
Grimsby Mountain, ON
TV DX Photos:
[Link: dxinfocentre.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse