The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1,513 made on Monday March 31, 2008 at 19:12
Bruce H.Campbell
Long Time Member
January 2007
On March 28, 2008 at 21:32, farlz00 said...
hey elkniv! I live in Newfane, approximately 10 miles
from the lake. I get all Toronto stations, 5.1 CBC, 9.1
CTV, 57.1 CITY, 66.1 SUN, and the OMNI's when they are
up. All stations except CITY come in very strong. CITY
I get at about 50% but am able to watch it problem free

You lucky dog! 5.1(UHF20)CBC is the only TO station I get reliably,as for 49(uhf34) I get both subchannels at 75% in most weather. Click on the profile button to see my location.
Over the past year I've touted my use of HTPCs and the MyHD,MDP-130 PCI card but over the last bit I found out there isn't going to be a MDP-140 or other successor. In that case I've considered a posting by a trusted source over at the AVS Forum in the MDP main thread by TPetersen, if anyone wants an URL to there, let me know. I still love what the MDP does to my DVDs(upconvert NTSC) using products like AnyDVD,DVDFab or DVD43 to decrypt CSS. My next project will probably be building a HTPC with both a MDP-130 (either buy another or pull one of the the others out) and combine with the Divco Fusion, should offer more flexibility. Once I get my tax refund.
Here is the transplanted post that got me thinking(from Last Dec.):

The MDP-130 does a better job for some folks than the 120 at pulling in stations, but both cards are now long of tooth and outshined by newer tuners (such as the one in your DTV). Amongst others, the DViCo FusionHDTV 5 products have newer chips and can pull in stations much better than the older cards. One reason that I mention Fusion is that both that and MyHD are supported by the Cliff Watson EPG scheduling program, so that you can add a Fusion tuner to your PC and then use both tuners, as well as using the MyHD for file playback while the Fusion is recording. MyHD's hw MPEG-2 decoding still is a class leader for playing HDTV transport streams, whether live or recorded.

Basically, there are quite a few choices now that vary mainly in software support and all that have newer tuner/demodulator hardware outperform the old chips in OTA reception.

What the hell, for the curious, here is the URL to the main index:

[Link: avsforum.com]

Last edited by Bruce H.Campbell on April 1, 2008 11:30.

Hosting Services by ipHouse