The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 803 made on Saturday October 14, 2006 at 18:25
douglee
Long Time Member
March 2006
On October 14, 2006 at 01:40, Soiduts said...
I am in the
southern part of Barrie and was wondering if anyone here
has had any experience with signal strength this far north
of the CN tower and Buffalo.

I lived in Barrie before the CN tower was built in a basement room, above the hill between Bayfield and Georgian College. Using a rabbit-ears(vhf) and bow-tie(uhf) I could receive channel 9 snowy and only faint traces of other Toronto stations. I could also hear Buffalo FM stations sometimes. I think you could probably get channel 9 OK with an outdoor antenna. If the CN tower has improved the other ones to a similar level, you might be OK. Can you get channel 19 (TVO) and 25 (SRC). I think you would have to get fairly good pictures on these to get the digital signal. It comes from the same antenna but much lower power. The terrain is very hilly between Barrie and Toronto, so it will be much more difficult compared to other people getting comparable distances from other directions. Since you are in the south part, I'm guessing you are down very low, looking up at hills like the one the CKVR tower is on which will make reception very difficult This is a link to a CBC technical report about implementing digital on the CN tower. On page 15 is a map showing the coverage area and where they tested for reception. It's very low resolution but looks like they received signals in Barrie.

Hosting Services by ipHouse