The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 686 made on Friday September 1, 2006 at 23:48
Yaamon
Long Time Member
November 2005
Hi Daniel where in Markham are you. I live and work in Markham. :) Great site keep up the excellent work.

Hope you dont mind will be posting and trying to help in the ota threads.

Even though Fox went to a more directional antenna, I found that its no harder to get Fox than before maybe with the increase in power and the directional antenna its the same or slightly better signal.

A tip what I have found is that with the increase in Fox power if you are using a preamp you have to add attenuators if you noticed signal loss or pixelation.

A few atsc tuners are being overloaded by the increase in power. I have found the samsung 451 and a few atsc pci cards.

I did a install last week in Burlington and with a 4228 got all the stations although the signal was not great between 56-65% average and a few higher like Pbs, Abs in high 70-low 80's.

The customer wanted me to repoint the antenna for max signal from Buffalo after I did that all Buffalo went up to mid 80's to low 90's including Fox. :)

I added a preamp as the customer is using two hd atsc tuner and more in the future.

All signal stayed the same but Fox dropped off. :(

No problem I had attenuators in handy and ended up adding two 6db attenuators totaling 12 db plus a two way splitter thats a 3.5-4 db loss totaling 15-16db and guess what Fox came in if I remember between 88-91%. :)

So those with a preamp if you are having problems with Fox try and adding a few attenuators using a channel master you might need to add even more.

Good luck

Last edited by Yaamon on September 2, 2006 00:44.

Hosting Services by ipHouse