Your Universal Remote Control Center
Lighting & Home Control Forum - View Post
Up level
Up level
The following page was printed from


Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday April 19, 1999 at 09:46
Barry Gordon
Historic Forum Post
There is a device called a fixture module it comes in an appliance (relay) or lamp (dimmable) variety. it can be buried in a box such as a standard 2 gang outlet with a blank cover plate. Since this is a SPST device you will also need a 110v Relay of the SPDT variety which will also fit in the same box. This will give you, if wired right 2 positions, all up and all down controlled by the internal limit switches. Another way is to use two fixture modules, one for up and one for down, but be sure they are not both on at the same time. All of this stuff is availabkle from worthington distributers on the web or smarthome homeautomation also on the web. There are also IR controlled DPDT relay but they come in banks of 4 or 8 and are pricey also at smarthome.

Hosting Services by ipHouse