Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday May 5, 1999 at 23:39
Grant Sullivan
Historic Forum Post
For the most part, the Home Control feature on RCA 3rd generation receivers for DSS is X10 compatible, with one caviat. Their is an interface device that connects to the "Data" (serial) port on the back of the receriver, via a proprietary cable. This interface is available on a few online satellite retailers. I have never seen, nor have I ever found a salesman who knows, anything about the kit. I even had one saleman tell me that, "it must be a feature that RCA deided not to release", even though it is plainly listed on the receivers menu system! The interface is the same as an X10 ActiveHome CK11A computer interface (so I have been told), but the cable is not the same as in ActiveHome. Aparently, there is a twist on one of the leads.
However, once you have the right interface problems licked all of the X10 products will work great with RCA Home control. After all, they are made on the same assembly line in China.
Once you can get to see the software in the receiver, you will find that it is a rev'ed up mini-timer in functionality. You cannot setup macros. You can set up control room by room.
I hope that helps.

Hosting Services by ipHouse