Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Saturday July 10, 1999 at 05:13
Bevan
Historic Forum Post
OK, I've spent most of the day plugging and pulling the controller in and out of powerpoints, and I now have a puzzle:

The scenario:

Let's say I have 10 powerpoints and 3 X-10 devices.
X-10/1 X-10/2 X-10/3
PP01 Y Y N
PP02 Y Y N
PP03 Y Y N
PP04 Y Y N
PP05 Y N N
PP06 Y N N
PP07 N N Y
PP08 N N Y
PP09 N N Y
PP10 N N Y

What this means is that I plugged the controller into PP01 through to PP10, and tried to control X-10/1 through to X-10/3.

I tried PP01-PP04, then PP07 to PP10. I was about to conclude that X-10/1 and X-10/2 is on the same phase while X-10/3 is on another, when I tried PP05 and PP06.

I need your help interpreting these results. The fact that X-10/1 works but X-10/2 doesn't, could mean that they are on different phases, but something plugged in near PP05 and PP06 (they are close by) must have caused some interference, such that it works on one phase but not the other.

Is this assumption correct?

Otherwise, I'm able to turn the devices on while a vacuum cleaner is on, and my controller is plugged into the same power strip as the vacuum cleaner. I have tried switching off the fridges, and it didn't make any difference.

At one point, I could have sworn that I had X-10/1 and X-10/3 both working from the controller, but then when I tried to confirm it, it doesn't work anymore...

Any suggestions is very much appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Regards,
Bevan

Hosting Services by ipHouse