The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Monday June 28, 1999 at 03:19
Greg Brown
Historic Forum Post
Robert:

Hey, thanks for the X-10 information. All though I am aware of some of the products that you talk about in your response, I cant help wonder why anyone would want to spend the time or money into such a product that needs all of the special devices in order to make it work. Especialy on large projects. And even then not be as reliable as a dedicated lighting control system. I do appreciate the X-10 equipment. As I said, I have it in my home. But our goal for our customers is to give them the most reliable system. Unfortunately for us X-10 is not the answer, as easy as it would be to sell them a system that does not require any or a small amount of wiring. Thats not what we are about. Our first concern is no matter how neat a product is, it has to be very reliable. Then everything else is iceing. Even with your phase couplers, they do not fix the ultimate problem with X-10. RF noise problems surges and electrical spikes are the most common problems for the X-10 system. Since this is the way the signal travles. It really comes down to how much time you want to invest in a product that has these and other problems to deal with. My intrest to your responce to mine is not to put the X-10 system down at all. I would like to give you a system that we are currantly doing, so that we can compare prices with your system to ours. This should give both of us a learning opportunity into the two types of systems. Im real intrested to see the outcome of yours, since your expertice seems to be so great in the X-10 area.

Thanks
Greg Brown
Entertainment Technologies
Dallas Tx.

Hosting Services by ipHouse