Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday September 14, 1999 at 16:56
Chris
Historic Forum Post
When you purchase products over the Internet can you expect much “service”? The higher prices you pay at a retailer are for a reason, SERVICE! Most retailers offer customer service before and after the sale. Once the Internet company gets your money, they could care less. (some are good and pride themselves on service, but they are usually not the cheapest). They don’t need your word of mouth advertising to improve their business; they just need to be the first on a search list. Your negative comments wont effect them, just your immediate friends even know of your problems and even still, you can’t expect anyone to pass up the super discounted prices. Most people still support the local retailers in their hometowns and some have to revert to the Internet to find products. I live in a pretty small town so I know the feeling, all of us who want to keep up to date with technology must purchase items from the Internet companies. It is a shame that so many retail companies today play follow the leader and never pursue to take it the edge of technology. I guess it’s easier to let the other make the mistake and learn from those instead of making a few mistakes of their own. Anyway, just my view not that it counts much.

Chris

Hosting Services by ipHouse