Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday September 16, 1999 at 17:07
Roland S
Historic Forum Post
The lamp modules are typically not recommended for the following:
- halogen lamps
- lamps with dimmers
- lamps >300W

Although a lamp module may turn ON/OFF those dimmable halogen lamps, I don't think it's safe to "dim" them, so I have read.

I've used an appliance module with a halogen lamp with success, but obviously, no dimming feature available with that module.

Have you tried unplugging the halogen lamp and seeing if the other incandescent lamp works?

If none of these are the case, it almost seems that maybe the DIM button is faulty (not releasing when you let go of the button) and it's sending a constant DIM command causing it to flood the transceiver with the RF signal and blocking out any other commands. Then by unplugging and replugging in the transceiver, you've "flushed-out" the flood of commands and cleared your house of the signal.

Probably a far stretch, but who knows???

The other day, I was programming an X-10 lighting sequence using the Commander-X software and accidentally flooded the transceiver with probably 50-100 quick repetitive commands. I noticed then that nothing in the house worked by PalmPad or by computer -- although locally, the switches worked. When I unplugged the transceiver and replugged it back in, everything was back to normal.

Roland

Hosting Services by ipHouse