The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday September 23, 1999 at 13:10
Steve
Historic Forum Post
Simon,

The 2-Way was very cool before I got the Pronto. I have put the 2-Way(s) in the box with the other remotes the pronto replaced.

The only cool thing about the 2-Way was the Title (and sometimes Track) listings which were provided on the remotes LCD screen. It made CD selection easy.

Otherwise, I found the remote a pain to use. The controlls/responce was slow due to the communications going on between the player and remote. Also, the display on the remote does not scroll horizontaly so you don't get to see all of the title anyway. (This becomes a problem when the CD has text already and the titles are longer then the manual input allows.)

I have the 2-Way for my Sony STR-DA333ES Receiver and had the same problems with speed. Switching between devices was very slow. Also, the receiver display is SMALLER. It was nice to have all of the radio stations listed on screen, but again I have listed them in the Pronto.

I will be uploading my Pronto CFC (a modified D. Tonks) today. Take a look at the CD Guide, I think you might like the layout.

Steve.

Hosting Services by ipHouse