The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Wednesday September 22, 1999 at 21:29
Simon Ngan
Historic Forum Post
Roland,

I don't think you will regret the money you spend on Pronto. You'll only sorry when you thought why you didn't buy it sooner!

With RC5000 (aka Pronto), I now have the HT Lights ON/OFF embedded to the DVD Player page so as soon as I press PLAY, the macro will initialize. When I press STOP. Lights will come back normal. Or if I press PAUSE, my desk lamp will come on.

You can download the X10 codes right here at RemoteCentral. No need to learn, just assign the alias (A1,A2,A3 ON) and you're done. It works 100% with the IR543. You can control up to 16 devices through the IR543 per house code. However, you cannot stack up IR543 in one room (one A, one B), collision will occur if you do that.

The reason I bought RC5000 and not Pronto is I'm living in Canada, and for some reason, I can't find any place to sell Pronto here. So I ended up getting a RC5000. I was thinking about mail order, but I was like in your situation, kinda wonder if I'd really want to keep it. I paid WAY LOT MORE here ($800 CAD). Right now, the RC5000 is like part of my body - can't work without it!!!

Steve:
------

I was once thinking of getting a second CD Changer CDP-CX260 with a 2 Way Remote. Is 2 way that much of a big deal? I now have all 200 songs listed in the CCF file just like you (I have a CDP-CX250).

Thanks

Simon

Hosting Services by ipHouse