The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday September 22, 1999 at 15:21
Chris Couture
Historic Forum Post
Roland,
The Pronto is easy to program and will learn most all IR codes. It is pretty bullet proof and is very good on batteries. It has very strong IR output and works good if not pointed directly at the equipment. One thing you may miss is the hard buttons and knowing that you are pushing the button (as compared to most remotes). The only problem is you can do so much with it, and you will want to do so much with it... It never ends, add this, add that, change this delete that... When you get it like you think want it, something else comes out and your back to square one. Your wife will like it as long as you make it easy. My suggestion is to program your home page to say his and hers. That way you can change your panels and leave hers alone. Make the buttons big if she has nails and put help menus for her to operate dificult things(I have the hot tub on mine). She will get over the price once she uses the remote and finds how nice it is to use one remote that interacts through jumps programed to the buttons. Buy it, you will love it!
Chris Couture

Hosting Services by ipHouse