The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday September 27, 1999 at 16:05
Chris Couture
Historic Forum Post
Dave,
You can use any motion sensor with a X-10 XPT2 or XPT3. These are X-10 devices that have connections that allow contacts to trigger X-10 signals. These can be used to sense the trigger from a motion sensor, trigger from a pressure sensor, door contact, light sensor or any thing else you want to use. These allow you to use much better motion sensors. Also, being that you are sending a direct X-10 signal, there is not as much of a delay. The only problem is they are wired, not wireless.

The other option is to program your “PIP/RECORD THE THIEF AT THE DOOR” macro to have a command that will disable the RF transceiver that receiver the motion sensor for a preset time, say 2 minutes. This way the motion sensor can’t send a X-10 signal until the RF transceiver is back on, 2 minutes later. I do this in my house using an appliance module on the RF transceiver. I start the macro with a “DISABLER ON” which turns the appliance module off. Two minutes later the macro sends a “DISABLER OFF” which turns the appliance module back on. I also send out a few “DISABLER OFF” commands through the day to insure the appliance module is in the correct mode at all times (on). (You know how X-10 is… 95%). If your program doesn’t allow a delay in the macro, you could use the motion sensors “OFF” command to issue the “DISABLER OFF”, which turns the appliance module back on. It works great. I have a Sony TV and the PIP commands, when reissued, would make the PIP smaller, smaller, smaller then large … this solved the problem and would surely work in your case.

Chris Couture

Hosting Services by ipHouse