The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Saturday February 18, 2006 at 22:23
ridebmx69
Long Time Member
July 2005
Same reason they wire everything to the subwoofer, or "acousti-mass" thing a ma jig as they call it. And the same reason their connections to the speakers are like an inch in diameter on both ends and look more like a computer connection. And the same reason you better pray all the wires they give you are long enough cuz there ain't no "splicing" with bose. The same reason you can only use thier IR flashers rather than the ones EVERY other company uses. Same reason that whenever there is a "3-2-1" blastoff (aka hook-up), its often followed by a, "houston, we have a problem" Because they are UNIQUE. But besides all that I guess they must get the bills paid so they must be doing something right. They must appeal to the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor). I really have nothing against Bose's systems, I just dont think they're "custom installation" friendly. As for the composite + S-vid = Component equation goes, I have no clue exactly how it works. But, to me it seems like a typical Bose thing. Just hope you don't loose those adapter cables. Sorry for the un-needed rambling.

Hosting Services by ipHouse