Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Friday July 2, 1999 at 17:36
Burt
Historic Forum Post
I have listened to quite a few pairs of Def Tech Bipolars, and almost the entire lineup of Mirage OM/Msi speakers. I went with the Mirage, and here's why: Better components (true innovation with the hybrid tweeter rather than DT's off the shelf scratchy Al dome), better voicing (Canadians have been making better speakers the past few years because of the CRC double blind listening equipment, whereas DT is more about marketing than anything else), more musicality. The DT will play louder, but it comes at the cost of harsh sound. They have some of the roughest response curves I've seen, and every listening session has been met with boomy distorted bass.

I owned a DT center channel speaker for 2 years before replacing it with a Mirage. The difference was like night and day. Pick up any of the following magazines: Sound & Vision, Home Theater, Audio, or Stereophile and flip through it. I guarantee you will find a minimum of 3 full page color ads in all four mags. The only company which needs that much advertising is one who's speakers can't hold up to side by side listening comparisons.

Buy Mirage now and be happy, or buy DT now and Mirage later!

Hosting Services by ipHouse