The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 40 made on Thursday January 5, 2006 at 12:55
Nice Girl
Lurking Member
January 2006
I find it much easier to just copy the copy protection on my DVD backups. All I do is play the DVD on my TV-top DVD player and run a cable to my computer capture card and record the video onto my computer. Then I burn the computer files and the burned DVD copy has the Macrovision copy protection intact. No laws are broken since I am not circumventing the copy protection scheme. Of course this did not work very well when I had a 800Mz machine, but with my 2000mhz machine I don't have any problems anymore. But, it took a LOT of fiddling and a lot of coasters before I got it to work perfectly. I know it works cuz if I try to copy a burned DVD onto a VHS tape, the Macrovision kicks in and the tape copy has the usual distortions. But the burned copy works just like the original. I do it this way to eliminate the garbage at the beginning of every DVD. All I burn is the main movie, which is as easy as pressing the "record now" button when the movie starts. Since it has to be done in real time, I usually walk away and wind up recording everything after the end of the movie which doesn't bother me.
There is a legal way around everything

Hosting Services by ipHouse