The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Thursday January 20, 2005 at 19:26
jputtcamp
Long Time Member
June 2002
Just so you guys know, there is no good software that I can find, they can't record a variety of dvds some work on some discs and not on others, other programs the opposite effects, I downloaded a bunch of demos and they ALL sucked.

As for piracy DMCA, fair use etc. as it sits now you are correct dvd copying is illegal but the first amendment fair use doctrine is yet to be truly tested with dvd copying, 321 studios lost their case because of how they marked their product, not because of their product. Some day the courts will have their say about fair use in regards to DMCA protections which are already being pulled apart because there are clearly illegal aspects to it (such as the never expiring copyright).

I give up for now because this is not all that important to me, this thread got a little off topic with the legality issues rather than responses to my original inquiry. A couple years from now when all the legality issues are out of the way I think we will see dvd copying software shipping with the computer the way cd copying software is now, fair use didn't loose with betamax through cd and DMCA will be overridden by the first amendment with regards to individual use.

Thank you for the info I did not know before what all was involved and now I have done my research.

To all of those who are interested my search ended with no good software available right now I treid over 15 programs and wated over 50 blank dvds, I'll try again when it is legal and tested.

This message was edited by jputtcamp on 01/26/05 16:50 ET.

Hosting Services by ipHouse