The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday January 31, 2005 at 17:04
Theoneill
Long Time Member
January 2005
I tried to use ir tool so I looked for help in the forum archive, but I couldn't make it work : I couldn't get an hex file based on the simple Yamaha "Custom code" and "Data Code" e.g. 7A 1A for vol+ downloaded on the Yamaha Website (a pdf file). So I tried another way to get my pdb file, someone advised to use Yamaha Ravedit which can handle "Custom code" and "Data Code" and convert them to IR hex code. For instance, with "7A" "1A", I get "9001 0000 0000 0001 007a 001a". Then, I try to import it directly as an hex code to Omniremote (with ORDesktop or directly via memopad), but it does nothing... The best result I could get was with the template file called "Yamaha Receiver 1&2" but the input button was the only one which worked OK.

I also searched remotecentral.com for ccf files for 450/550/650/750, but there's not... There's just a ncf file which seems to contain code for my 450 but I can't do anything with it (I only have a ccf->pdb converter from omniremote editor).

So further help would be great :)) I'm still lookng for a RX-v450 or RX-v550 or RX-v650 or RX-v750 (since Yamaha provides the same information about all these receiver, thank you Rory) owner which can send me an omniremote pdb file or a pronto ccf file with with basic RX-v#50 buttons. Or, if I missed the way you can use IR tool with Yamaha codes in the forum messages, if someone succeded...

Thanks ! & bye bye

Hosting Services by ipHouse