The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 112 made on Wednesday February 11, 2009 at 11:35
Brad10071977
Lurking Member
February 2009
Wow. I can't believe so many people have had the same problem. I have had my Kenwood vr505 since around 1999 or 2000. It really has been a rock. I have ashamedly really abused this thing, and it has never once missed a beat. I finally one day decided to take it out of the wall, because i felt bad for cooking it with improper ventilation. Kapoof, remote no longer works, or is at least sporatic. I left if for a while, and then tried a universal, with the same results. right before taking it out of the bar, I decided to google the problem, and here I am. It took longer to take the thing down, than it did to fix the problem. you dont really have to remove the whole front, just enough wires to give yourself some room. bright light and a magnifying glass are essential. again, it took longer to find these, than it did to fix the problem. Like others, I didn't add any sodder, I just heated up the old, and when they cooled they were back together again. Put everything back together again, and it works fantastic. I put a cooling fan in the side of the wall, (with dust filter), and put it back in the wall where it belongs lol. I also bought a set of speakers with built in powered subs, instead of the passive ones. Now my beloved receiver can enjoy the rest of its days in comfort and ease. I would never hesitate to buy another kenwood, but would it kill them to get some halfway decent service? Thank you to Plazman, and all others, for this great post. Kenwood should be paying you guys!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse