The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Friday January 7, 2005 at 00:09
JimDiamond
Lurking Member
January 2005
I have a Kenwood VR-509 receiver and it works very intermittently with the remote. I can testify to the fact that the problem is not with the remote itself. Replacing it will do no good. I have programmed a learning remote (not a universal pre-programmed remote) from the Kenwood receiver's remote. The learning remote works just as erratically when controlling the receiver. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. I programmed a series of commands into a macro button on the learning remote. Sometimes some steps work and others don't. So there's definitely a problem with the unit itself. I found this forum by searcing google with keywords related to problems with a Kenwood remote. The receiver and remote are RF/IR capable. The back of the receiver unit has a short RF antenna for the remote. When I remove the RF antenna, the remote doesn't work at all (as if the IR is not working at all). With the antenna connected it sometimes works and sometimes not just as the experience with the other Kenwood owners. Does anyone have any ideas? Surely Kenwood must know about the problem or have a fix. Maybe those of us who have a problem have something in common that causes the problem? I've tried it under all conditions. There is no interference I can think of, nor is there any recognizable pattern to when it functions. Help!

Hosting Services by ipHouse