Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday December 8, 1998 at 07:01
Chris
Historic Forum Post
I have mine for about a week now and I must say that this thing does it all, except RF, but then again I never expected it to. If you think spending a ton of money will get you a product that will just work without any effort on your part, then a universal remote is not for you. If you presume that all of the manufacturers codes are in the device when you buy it, your mistaken.
This device works great and yeah I had to program all of my components individually but at least I know what each key is supposed to, and will do. This way beleive it or not is the easiest way to get all of keys that you want in there and leave the unnecessary ones out. That is really what your paying for. The ease of use, and programing. The software works flawlessly, believe it or not, being it's from Microsoft. (NO GPFs or Ill. Ops) You can create/name/program 60+ keys in a half hour. Software runs as a stand alone windows type app,(like an old dos program) and than god it does't install into windows. It would be nice though if they could provide a CD with codes specific to particular Manufacturers Units. But I think the problem there is that the manufacturers are reluctant to release such info.
Great addition to any Home Theater.

Hosting Services by ipHouse