Founding Member
May 2002
Current Equipment:

1. A Motorola brand DVR Comcast Cable box:
Input: Normal Coax from wall.
Output: Monster Cable brand Full HDMI..
price: (fill in your best guess)

2. Sharp LC-32D40U 32" Flat LCD Panel TV with built-in tuner:
Input: HDMI cable from DVR cable box listed above.
price: (again you can figure it out)

Luxury of simply having just 1 cable for both video and audio? PRICELESS!!!

I bought mother the TV this past x-mas. The DVR remote Comcast provides controls both the cablebox and the TV seamlessly. So far I'm loving it! No calls for help from dear mother. But the Symphonic combo DVD/VCR player is another story. The Comcast docs for the DVR remote know nothing about it. the Symphonic isn't worth anything. Time to replace it with something more mainstream.

I need to get mom a DVD/VCR player. Recording features aren't really needed. I totally have her trained on the Cable DVR recording features. The main reason for a DVD/VCR unit is playback, like rentals from Netflix or shows she has me record on tape at the last minute. I find it much easier to record on my VCR one of her sappy CBS Hallmark movies every few months rather than retrain her everytime. It'd called picking your battles.

The new TV has 2 HDMI connectors. One is being used already, but I would like to find a DVD/VCR that outputs ALL its video AND audio through ONE HDMI cable. Upscaling or Upconverting or whatever UP-something it would have would be nice. What I mean, any feature of a DVD/VCR that enhances the viewing image would be great but secondary, if that makes sense. The ease of a HDMI connection and dual DVD/VCR functionality are my main concerns.

So is there such an animal.. a mainstream DVD/VCR player that outputs ALL its video AND audio through ONE HDMI cable???

JP

PS. Oops I forgot.. Not really interested in HD-DVD or Blueray yet. 1. Still too expensive. 2. I have no idea which will win out in the end. 3. Have no media that requires it.

Last edited by pchlpdr on December 28, 2006 02:35.

Hosting Services by ipHouse