The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Monday August 22, 2005 at 04:14
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Jim is right, except you might have to press and hold at the top of the screen, as you do on the Pronto. I have not seen a 5000 for so long; all I remember is the Pronto TS1000, which is so similar but slightly different that you might get into trouble following Pronto info.

The foolproof routine is to learn all the commands directly to the remote, upload to the computer, modify pages and artwork as necessary, download to the remote when more needs to be learned, learn it, upload it, modify as necessary, et cetera. Clumsy but error-proof.

You have program version 2.3.1? I have Touch Screen Setup 2.0.4, and I just downloaded the latest version (I thought) from the files section of this site, and it turned out to also be 2.0.4. Where did you get 2.3.1, or is it not a Marantz program? That could also be your problem, in fact could break your remote!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse