The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Sunday September 11, 2005 at 00:25
d damian
Lurking Member
September 2005
This is in reply to remote codes... but I also have a Protron story.

This TV caught my eye one day about 2 months ago on ShopNbc while flipping through the channels. Anyhow.. after doing a lot of research on this TV... I was still skeptical. Well I thought I should go ahead and take a chance and as of today... my 32" Protron is one day old. And I have to tell you... it kicks butt !

The only complaint I have about the ShopNbc experience is that the online account detailing my purchase said it would be shipped Fed EX. It was shipped UPS. I got it in 6 days. 6 days is not bad at all.

Anyway... I am thrilled with this tv. Not just with the picture quality, but with the way it looks. It looks great and 32" turns out to be the perfect size for the room it's in.

Back to remote codes ! I called Protron customer service for the remote codes so I could use my cable remote as the main. The first time I called - someone picked up right away but transferred me to another line. I waited 45 minutes. I hung up.

I called back later and got someone almost instantly. The guy I talked to said he does not have remote codes and proceeded to try and sell me the Protron Universal Learning Remote for $17.99. " Would you like to order? " he asked. I hesitated and muttered something like.. " Do I have any choice ? ".

Fortunately for me the tech could not take payment over the phone... but instead provided me the address to send my check. So before I mail a check... I decided to make one final try... i called my cable company. I didn't call the cable company before because Protron was not listed in their remote codes pamphlet. I called and they gave me the code - and it works !!

Cable Company Time Warner Cable
Cable Box Scientific Atlantic HD
Code 0178

Have fun !

Hosting Services by ipHouse