The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 92 made on Wednesday May 17, 2006 at 18:20
The Robman
Loyal Member
August 2001
How can I be 100% sure without testing your remote myself? I'm just saying that it's unlikely that a universal remote would be unable to work any function for any of your devices, unless you have some really unusual brands.

Do you have a digital camera or camcorder? If you look at a remote through the camera's viewfinder, you can actually see the IR emitter light up when a button is pressed, so you could use a camera to see if your remote is really sending a signal.

Alternatively, do you have any learning remotes at your disposal? If so, try learning the signals from this remote into the learning remote.

Now that we've established that your Philips remote is no good, for one reason or another, are you now looking for another universal remote to work your gear? If so, I would recommend that you get a JP1 compatible "One For All" remote, along with a JP1 cable, as that's the cheapest way to get a remote that's guaranteed to work all of your gear. I can sell you just such a remote if you like. I would recommend the URC-8910, which is an 8 device learning remote with an LCD screen. The remote costs $20, a JP1 cable is $15 and shipping to Spain from the USA is $11.50, giving you a total of $46.50 US.
Rob.
[Link: hifi-remote.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse