The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Tuesday March 29, 2022 at 20:14
iamnothim
Long Time Member
November 2012
Thought I would relay a fix to a very annoying persistent problem I ran into. Perhaps Ya'll have seen this message or one like it.

"HDMI does not support this programs content protection try switching to component cables"  Every channel

I had never seen this message until 2 days after DirecTV was installed. "Oh easy fix,  Just cycle power and maybe reset the HDMI cable".  Yup that did it.  !0 days later it was back but it took quite a bit longer to fix. hmmm.  Then it was Thursday thru Friday.  On the phone with DirecTV....pulled a Joker.  Called Marantz They said the message comes from the TV (Hisense)  pulled a deuce.   Called. Hisense...Joker again.  I pulled the Marantz out and ran the DirectTV (genie) straight into the SIIG extenders.  They are HDMI 2.0 and straight into the Hisense   Bingo IT WORKED.

Ahhhh. Ha.   The error message was telling me something as was this test.  Interface/Cable.    I went to my cable pile and commenced to rummaging. And there is was an HDMI cable that I thought might be Kryptonite.   Had built-in Ferrite Chokes at each end.  Hooked the Marantz back up and used the HDMI cable with the chokes to connect the Genie to the NR1711.

Instant success.  Not a flicker. No nothing.  Solid.

Sorry for the long story but this was a nasty glitch. I wanted to take the time and relate my journey to see if it helps somebody that's in the same muck hole.

Side Bar.

When configuring the HiSense 65" LCD TV Under Picture there is a setting for HDMI 2.0.   It's Grey'd Out.   I told the HiSense I want it to work.  He said it's not broken because I have a picture.   WTF    He wouldn't do anything.   There's no supervisor around.   NATCH.    To Be Continued.

Hosting Services by ipHouse