The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Saturday March 26, 2022 at 14:29
audvid
Founding Member
August 2001
The preceding suggestion to use FLRIC, I thought, worked well. It was very easy to program the FLIRC but it was giving me double bounce. I thought I could live with it/solve it. There had been a fix via software setting in the FLIRC software but for some strange reason, that setting is no longer available for modification.
So, I had to get rid of FLIRC.

inteset 422-3 remote and Inteset IReTV USB IR Receiver combination are very inexpensive and work perfectly.
You can easily program the Inteset remote for IR codes of shield tv (and fire tv). Then you can teach the IR to any programmable remote.

Only one issue I am having is - I have Xantech ml95 IR extender system (equipment is in next room) and the IR from Inteset works directly when pointed to the IreTV IR receiver but it does not work, when I try to use the Xantech system (IR emitter from xantech was taped to the IR receiver and yes, it is emmitting IR but shield is not responding). Does it have to do something with the IR frequency being used? I just ordered a 38 khz capable IR emitter. My Xantech ML 95 is 20 khz to 50 khz. The connecting block xantech 791-44 is 30 to 60 khz. I am assuming it is the emitter? Just today, I found an emitter on amazon, which specifically says 38 khz. If anyone know of general purpose emitters which cover 30 to 60 khz, please let me know.

Does anyone know what carrier frequency Shield IR codes use?
My xantech extender system works just fine with Fire TV IR codes.

Thanks.

Last edited by audvid on April 10, 2022 10:15.

Hosting Services by ipHouse