The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Saturday March 19, 2022 at 14:54
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On March 19, 2022 at 11:25, KenSmith58 said...
I recently had to re-organize my audio rack and I started to look at my MRF-350 to control things. I've been using the stick on "flashers" emitters. I got the manual out and I see that there is a "Blaster" that can be used instead of the flashers. In the programming you can choose between IR, RF or choose both IR & RF together. I'm assuming that IR is for a component that has an IR input on its rear panel. RF would be used for the Blaster or the flashers. In the programming why would I choose both IR & RF together? Seems like I should choose one or the other.

Thanks

IR is spitting out of the remote.  RF is out of the MRF.  When you go into RF settings in the Programming tab, where you select IR Output, you can select the IR ports on the MRF or Blaster

Setting to IR and RF would spit codes out of both the remote and via the MRF, be it emitters or blaster.  Usually it is recommended not to do this, but lets say the maid keeps knocking the emitter off the TV, setting to both will control the TV with or without the emitter.  The issue that can arise is sending the signal via both can cancel each other out and create issues, including no response at all.  Usually it works fine though.

Hosting Services by ipHouse