Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday March 4, 2022 at 10:30
arcsum68
January 2022
On January 9, 2022 at 00:03, Brad Humphrey said...
1) MX-890 is a rechargeable remote. After you are done using it for the day, most people put the remote in the charging stand for the night. So battery life should not be an issue. If your battery can't last 12-16 hours off the charger... you need a new battery, because something is very wrong with it. Or something wrong with the remote that it is draining the battery when it shouldn't. "That is NOT normal behavior".

2) That LG TV should pickup and respond to IR signals from just about anywhere in the room. If it can't do that, then again I say... you have something very wrong with your equipment! Because you can literally bounce the IR signal off the walls* from the MX-890 and it should work that TV.

*If the walls are a light color. Room not more than 400 sqft. And no fluorescent lighting.

Sorry for the delays, I have been troubleshooting.

In response to your comments.

1. My battery gets charged 1 or 2 times per week max, no problems with my battery. My point about IR and RF was that my battery lasts longer if I use only RF vs a mixture of both, nothing extreme but noticeable.
2. My TV is right above a mantle that blocks bouncing signals. But even if it was not, the RF should work the way it was designed.  I should not have to implement work arounds.

Since I last responded I was able to score 2x each of the MRF-350 and 250 antennas that someone was selling untested for cheap. Both worked so I swapped both out just to make sure there were no issues with either the antenna or the base. I then experimented with different RF channels thinking maybe the OLED was causing a different type of interference than the Panny Plasma.  The light on the antenna shows no interference at all mind you.

Long story short, I am still having the issue where the TV does not reliably turn off.  It ALWAYS turns on, but sometimes does not turn off.

Open to suggestions and might get to the point of turning IR on for the TV.  Despite the fact that I have been on RF only for MANY years I do still tend to point the remote towards the equipment so maybe one will catch?  Though I doubt it the way my setup is configured especially with the blaster blocking part of the sensor.

Thanks all.

Hosting Services by ipHouse