Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday February 16, 2022 at 17:12
Sceleratus
February 2022
I have a lot of personal experience with a whole home 4 bay Lutron Homework’s interactive system. A Crestron system that I orphaned ~12 years back and an MDF and 5 IDF that have lots of Cat6 and 62nm mm fiber.

But I’m not a pro so I didn’t post there.

I march to a different calliope. Here’s what I’m puttering with. To start with All the Marketing folks at Amazon swear in their advertising this will work! So here’s the spec and expectation.

Consolidated Entertainment Control Equipment:
Amazon new FireTv Cube
Amazon FireTv Cube IR Blaster
Amazon 2020 Echo Device.

Control all Ent. Equip via Alexa Voice.
TV 65” Hisense
HDMI (2) <~~SIIG media Cvt~~>HDMI (1) Marantz NR1609 (working)
Marantz HDMI (2) AppleTv
Marantz HDMI (3) Oppo BluRay
Marantz HDMI (4) Cox Cable
Marantz HDMI (5) Google Chromecast
Marantz HDMI (6) Security Cameras

Current problem.
Fire Cube (truncated) Does have a field and a keypad to input the IR PROFILE of the Marantz AV Receiver. In equipment management you can select use a “receiver” and select the brand “Marantz” Marantz was no help email and phone call “we don’t have that information. I don’t know what you are talking about.”

The Cube is 50/50. The Cube remote is RF but it outputs IR to the other gear via the Blaster Cube. (1x1x1 cube) I have the Cube turning the TV on/off and turning the Marantz on/off. Marantz Volume up/down + mute. Mostly via Alexa. Presently I am up to my ears in guacamole and out of chips.

I’ll verify progress and post. I’m pretty amped about this configuration cuz life will be real good if I don’t have to stop listening to my vinyl and come downstairs to push buttons.
Live long and prosper

Hosting Services by ipHouse