The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Wednesday January 26, 2022 at 18:51
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On January 25, 2022 at 14:11, Bobaru said...
@goldenzrule, Thank You, Thank You. I never thought to look under there.

@Duct Tape, I found a cheap new in the box player and will let you know if I can get it to work in my Whole House audio system as one of the sources. If it doesn't work I can rip the guts out and put a Raspberry Pi running Volumio inside and use it for it's case. It is rack mount and will fit into my audio rack better than a loose raspberry pi does. There isn't a lot of information on the SNP-1 or SNP-2 on the net, so I am not expecting much. It looks like it does support local media, Pandora and vTuner so if those work okay I will be happy. I am not sure if the firmware on the unit will be an issue.

Well this is on the internet, so I will say it here.  They both suck ass.  Even if you get them to work, don't expect much.  Pandora stopped working on the SNP1 altogether a long time ago and I believe not he SNP2 as well, although I may be mistaken.  URC's excuse was that the chip maker they purchased from when designing the units lied and said they would allow for upgrading but it was not the case.

Hosting Services by ipHouse