Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday October 22, 2021 at 10:19
5803orBust!
October 2021
My lovely AVR-5803--one of the best receivers ever made, for my money--has one of the most frustrating remotes ever made, the RC-8000.

When I go to select a button that should display a secondary menu--for instance SURR PARAMETERS--nothing much happens beyond the CURSOR/PAGE button being highlighted. The secondary menu never appears.

[Link: imgur.com]

This has the frustrating effect of rendering unavailable key features like "SYSTEM SETUP" which allows, among other things, digital components to be added to the system. There is no other way besides a remote to do this.

Questions, please:

1) Is this a known issue with the RC-8000? I can find no reference to it. Anyone know of a way to reset or otherwise unchunk this remote, please?

2) I bought a Harmony 7000. It does not seem to have the SYSTEM SETUP button. There is a "Setup" button in the 5803 configuration I downloaded, but it does not only not seem to be SYSTEM SETUP, it appears to do...absolutely nothing. Are there avenues to explore with the Harmony that might allow access to SYSTEM SETUP?

3) Any other thoughts, please?

Thanks,

Hosting Services by ipHouse