The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 30 made on Monday July 19, 2021 at 12:05
daves22
July 2021
new poster but long time reader...

I have 5 mx780s that I've been happy with for years. I bought these from an authorized dealer that happily provided the CCP software, but now have closed up shop.

I'm not happy now. I've been trapped with this malicious update to CCP that now requires a password to operate. The 'malicious' part is due to URC deciding to unilaterally change their stated policy of allowing dealers to decide to share the software or not, and inserting this change silently into an update that effectively disabled working software on my computer. They've decided to retroactively lock out authorized users that have the software in this manner. I would never have decided to buy these remotes if their current policy existed at that time.

I've been in touch with URC tech support. They tell me to go back to my dealer for support. Unfortunately, they seem to have missed 2 things while planning their new policy: dealers that are out of business and can no longer provide software, and the fact that they cannot unilaterally change the terms of past purchases.

Has anyone found a better path forward? I'd like to restore CCP usage instead of taking them to small claims court to force them to buy back the equipment.

Hosting Services by ipHouse